About to apply Soundcoat Plus pargecoat to a wall - Any tips?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a total beginner to plastering / rendering other than filling the occasional ding in the wall. I am planning on applying a parge coat of Gyproc Soundcoat Plus to an internal party wall which is constructed of aerated block.

The instructions call for a 6mm thick layer so I have purchased 6mm battens to assist me in getting the right depth, I imagine the more seasoned pros are able to get this right without but as a beginner I thought it best to use them.

I have a hawk, a trowel, a bucket and a mixing paddle + drill.

Before I begin is there anything I am missing or should be doing. Do I need to wet the wall first?

Another question, the wall is quite large and I am not sure how much I will be able to get done in a day. Can I stop midway and continue the next day or does it all need to go on at the same time?

Sponsored Links
as long as its not a wet wall in a bathroom then it might be best to take suction out with Pva?
masses of info on here for using Pva.

What about stopping and continuing the next day, any thoughts on that?

Sponsored Links
except for the final finish coat then whenever you stop and start again you need to once again to take out suction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back