1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

About to apply Soundcoat Plus pargecoat to a wall - Any tips?

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by marty3, 15 Oct 2019.

1. marty3

marty3

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am a total beginner to plastering / rendering other than filling the occasional ding in the wall. I am planning on applying a parge coat of Gyproc Soundcoat Plus to an internal party wall which is constructed of aerated block.

The instructions call for a 6mm thick layer so I have purchased 6mm battens to assist me in getting the right depth, I imagine the more seasoned pros are able to get this right without but as a beginner I thought it best to use them.

I have a hawk, a trowel, a bucket and a mixing paddle + drill.

Before I begin is there anything I am missing or should be doing. Do I need to wet the wall first?

Another question, the wall is quite large and I am not sure how much I will be able to get done in a day. Can I stop midway and continue the next day or does it all need to go on at the same time?

2. bobasd

bobasd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    as long as its not a wet wall in a bathroom then it might be best to take suction out with Pva?
    masses of info on here for using Pva.

3. marty3

marty3

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What about stopping and continuing the next day, any thoughts on that?

4. bobasd

bobasd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    except for the final finish coat then whenever you stop and start again you need to once again to take out suction.