About to start tiling...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For my toilet tiling project, I have put down 22mm ply screwed into the joists and floorboards every 4-6 inches. I know this is thicker than most people especially as the joists only span a metre here, but these are fired earth real stone tiles very heavy and too expensive to cock up. Blame the missus.

I have cut the tiles using a combination of wet cuttter for straight lines and angle grinder followed by rasp to make the shapes.

Im not sure what adhesive to use I am going to phone Bal tommorrow.

Any last words of advice from the experts on laying large stone tiles like this? Even though its only a small area, I'm crapping it a bit. :oops: All I have ever laid before were ordinary tiles. :confused: :eek: Any suggestions gratefully received.

toilet1.jpg

Sponsored Links
There are fitting instructions on my website which follows:-

http://www.atstone.co.uk/fitting.htm

If your using Bal you'll need Rapid flexible white. Make sure the adhesive is white, it will stain the stone if it's not.

If you've not got lithofin, don't worry, Fired Earth sell repackaged HG products, which work fine I just prefer Lithofin products.

Grout I'd advise BAL wide joint Ivory with GT1 admix.

Take your time it's easy.

Also 22mm isn't overkill for this product, infact I usually fit 25mm direct to the joists if I'm fitting marble.

However on such a small area 22mm will be just fine.

Thanks mate. I have had a good read of your webby great stuff.

I will get the Bal product you mentioned and start tommorrow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back