AC Theory questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone could help me out with this one.

I doing day release, CG 2330 level 3 at the moment.

Does anyone know of any web sites that has any AC Theory question's on ?
So I can get some practise.

At the moment I'm doing some revision on Inductive/capacitive reactance & all that good stuff.

I'm not back in college till next week & wanted to do some questions.

If anyone could please help.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
not sure of sites, but your lecturer should be givin you loads of exam papers before your exam. i take it as you have it in the next few weeks?

Thanks for your help mate.

Yea I will have a chat with him next week.
I just thought I would get abit more in.

My exams are in June,
Thanks again

Try something I just made up on the spot

I have a 5v 20ma LED and a 240V AC 50hz power source, I have a full wave recifier and a capacititor so I can run my LED, what value is the capacitor?

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:

I have a 5v 20ma LED and a 240V AC 50hz power source, I have a full wave recifier and a capacititor so I can run my LED, what value is the capacitor?

nowt like that is on the 2330... or my lecturer has missed some out....

Adam_151 said:

out of interest is it 0.000016 ?

or 0.000083 ?

Billy
Isn't this the 1st year for 2330 level 3?. I'm doing level 1 and 2 at the moment and understood it was only the second year.
Our college hasn't been too helpful on exam questions, cos as they are done on line they reckon they don't know what is being asked......not sure weather to believe them or not....

Jim2287 said:
Adam_151 said:

out of interest is it 0.000016 ?

or 0.000083

What units? anyway its wrong :LOL:

lizzieg said:
Billy
Isn't this the 1st year for 2330 level 3?. I'm doing level 1 and 2 at the moment and understood it was only the second year.
Our college hasn't been too helpful on exam questions, cos as they are done on line they reckon they don't know what is being asked......not sure weather to believe them or not....

im on the same course. we do the exams online, but our lecturer gets us loads of questions. he doesnt know 100% whats on the exam, but in the last 2 he has covered everything thats on the exam in test papers

Jim2287 said:
farads, was just a little attempt

equation ?

reactance = 1 / (2 * pi * f * C)

reactance is in ohms, frequency(F) is in hz, and capacitor value (C) in farads

oh right yeah, never applied it to electronics, thanks

i did :

Smoothing capacitor for 10% ripple,

C = ( 5 × Io ) / ( Vs × f )

C = smoothing capacitance in farads (F)
Io = output current from the supply in amps (A)
Vs = supply voltage in volts (V)
f = frequency of the AC supply in hertz (Hz)

Thanks for all the help here guys.

I'm doing the 2330 Level 3.

This is the second & final year.

The 2330 Level 1 + level 2 are now combined into one year.
The 2330 Level 3 is the second & final year
I'm also doing the NVQ 3 along side this

This course is done 1 day a week, 12 hours a day (long day I know)

I'm sure the 2330 level 1 & 2, is the old 2360 part 1
& the 2320 Level 3 is the old 2360 part 2.

I'm also sure that this is the first year C & G have ran the 2330 L3 course.
Last year I did the 2330 L2, that was also the first year, we did 4 online exams.

Confusing I know.....

BTW, I'm 29. Never to old to learn. right ?

Oh, I wasn't thinking of a capacitor to smoove it, its only a quick in dirty supply for an LED thats far than elegant :LOL: , I was getting at using the capacitor as the voltage dropping element

Try this one,
A coil of wire has a resistance of 8ohms and an inductance of 0.04h. It is connected to a supply of 100v at 50hz. Calculate the current which flows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back