Accenta 8 mini tamper lock out problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to the forum. I've an issue with my alarm and have read loads of the threads and got part way to fixing it but not quite. Had a power cut last week (I wasn't home) but wife told me alarm was playing up. The keypad is locked out with the tamper light on. The battery is 8 years old, so I've replaced that, powered everything off, back on with new battery - the keypad allows me to silence alarm but then goes back into tamper with keypad lock down. I've read about linking out tamper on main board (19&20) with a piece of wire - did that, removing existing connections and alarm comes back to life with keypad working as it should. But what does this mean? what do I do next. I then powered it down, removed loop and reconnected 19 & 20 as they were before - and alarm goes back into tamper lock down. So I'm now not sure where to go with this? thanks

Sponsored Links
You have a tamper (open ) fault on a device e.g lid not correctly fitted on a pir or a bad connection

You will have to seperatly test each pair that wire into 19 & 20 untill you find the pair that cause the lockout.
And then the check the device which they are wired to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back