Accenta 8 zone new door sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help.

I have an Accenta 8 Zone Alarm and I recently had to change the front door sensor as the wire had corroded and wasn't connected anymore. The problem I have is that the new sensor isn't recognised by the panel anymore. When I set the alarm and come in through the front door the alarm doesn't do its normal beeping for 30 seconds as it doesn't recognise the front door sensor. The PIR in the front room is activated before I can reach the panel to turn the alarm off, so the main alarm goes off everytime we come home!

The engineer that put the alarm in isn't contactable anymore and I do not have the engineers code so does anyone know what I can do about this problem?

Sponsored Links
You are in the wrong place.
There is a dedicated alarms forum & I have asked the mods to move you.

Byeeeee

the panel does not lose the zone, either the contact is faulty or wired incorrect eg alarm contact wire touching remove the contact you should have 3 brass screws and two silver screws ( depending on make) what is connected to what ?

the panel does not lose the zone, either the contact is faulty or wired incorrect eg alarm contact wire touching remove the contact you should have 3 brass screws and two silver screws ( depending on make) what is connected to what ?

Thanks for the reply sparkymarka.

I have removed the contact and there are 3 brass screws and 2 silver screws. A red and a yellow wire are connected to one silver screw and a black and a blue wire are connected to one brass screw. In other words 2 wires connected to one silver screw and 2 wires connected to 1 brass screw. I am pretty sure this is how the old sensor was wired, but I may be wrong!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
thats your problem you should have one wire on each of the silver screws this is the reed switch and the other two ( black and blue) leave as.

thats your problem you should have one wire on each of the silver screws this is the reed switch and the other two ( black and blue) leave as.

Ok - I will give that a go in the morning and let you know how I get on (children are asleep now so can't test it!)

Thanks again.

One pair will be for the zone detection (ie the contacts) and the other will be tamper. It is unlikely (though not impossible) that the eng. will have doubled up the conductors.

If you can't work it out from the contact end, you'll have to go in the panel or end station* and see what colours are in the Z1 terminals (assuming they are not jointed out to a different pair in between).

I normally use red/black for power, yellow/blue for detection and green/white for tamper. That's not always the case though!

* Be prepared to enter the code to shut up the system as the box has an anti-tamper spring on it.

Thanks very much guys the door sensor now works perfectly! I am not sure how I wired it wrongly in the first place but I am very happy it is fixed now.

Thanks again :)

Hi there,

Where did you buy your door sensor from as ive got the same alarm and when redecorating i managed to loose the white block which was on the door frame.

Its just the small white magnetic non wired part ive lost so the sensor doesnt ever close now.

Cheers in advance
Fizz :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back