Accenta 8 Zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Finally got round to adding a couple of PIR's to alarm panel on Sunday, they were wired to zones 5 & 6. The walk test found them and the red LED's started flashing.

I had assumed they were ok however, when the system was set the new PIR's did not trigger the system. Have I missed something?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help/comment, even if it is to question my ability.

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
One of two things have happened here.
1, You removed links and wired into the terminals
2, You wired direct into the treminals

In both cases the zones were programmed as not used/spare wotever.
Now you have to programme them in. I assume you have the engineers code and manuals.

Alarm

Thank you for the reply, I have the engineers code and manuals.

Disregarding the power and tamper wires, I took a pair of wires from the PIR to the terminals for each zone.

Should Zones not in be linked or looped? ie short circuit.

I will go back and read the manual in detail, clearly missing a step in the programming, it is a good while since i installed it originally.

Just don't remember, programming the zones originally, other than to give them a name.

Regards

Rob

One pair to each alarm circuit for each detector. You can series the power and tampers. For correct zone identification one pair for each alarm cct.
Or series but unless you have a latching facility you will not know which one has triggered.

In good practise you would link out unused zones, but as long as they are programmed out they will not react.

You probably deselected them when you last programmed.

Sponsored Links
One pair to each alarm circuit for each detector. You can series the power and tampers. For correct zone identification one pair for each alarm cct.
Or series but unless you have a latching facility you will not know which one has triggered.

In good practise you would link out unused zones, but as long as they are programmed out they will not react.

You probably deselected them when you last programmed.

dont series the power :eek:

Daisy chain, parallel?
Sorry have this argument all the time with people who say series or parallel.

I would prefer parrallel. As I get nagged to death I said series.
Cannot win can I, and this is from approved sparkies.

I will go back and read the manual in detail, clearly missing a step in the programming, it is a good while since i installed it originally.

Engineer Code -> 'Prog' ->

'1' - Shows enabled zones. Press the keypad buttons to enable/disable each zone. Status is reflected on the LEDs.

'2' - Shows the entry zones. Press the keypad buttons to enable/disable each zone as an entry zone. Status is reflected on the LEDs.

'3' - Shows the exit zones. Press the keypad buttons to enable/disable each zone as an exit zone. Status is reflected on the LEDs.

Daisy chain, parallel?

The difference between series and parallel is basic, even an old man like you should know!

Metecal et al

Thank you for the replys and advice.

I have taken a seperate cable back to the panel for each PIR/Sensor. Part of the reason for doing it myself so I could route cables where i wanted them rather then just next to the carpet grip strip.

Metecal

Thank you for highlighting my missing step in the programming, will get on it and let you know the outcome.

Regards

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back