Accenta G3 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've been looking on here at a couple of similar threads but didn't get the exact answer I needed.

I have a accenta G3 which was in the house when we moved in 18 months ago.

I turned the power off yesterday to replace some sockets and the alarm starting going off, so I'm guessing the battery inside the control box has had it. I opened it and the tamper alarm started going off. I just put my normal code in and this reset it.

Next problem is, the key pad downstairs is fine. But the one up stairs still has power to light the buttons but not anything else, power light is off, doesn't do anything.

Thanks. Paul.

Sponsored Links
Try powering down and disconnecting the faulty battery , now power back up mains only , leave off battery , box back up , reset , now try keypad .... If ok replace battery

Just go and get a new one, you have no idea how old the existing is, you didn't fit it.

The batts should last 4 to 5 years, then replace them, even if they seem to be good, better to be safe than sorry.

Don't forget to write the date you fit the new battery, perm. marker is the normal way

Make yourself a little log book, just for the alarm and write down everything that happens with it. Keep it with the control cupboard, always useful in the future if problems start arising.

Sponsored Links
Sorted. I replaced the battery. The old one I'm Guessing was original.

That didn't fix th problem of the second keypad now working. But I pulled the RKP fuse and put it back in and the panel came back to life. All sorted now.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back