Accenta G3 Battery Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an accenta G3 that has worked fine for 6 years but today following a power outage the alarm set off. I understand this is probably new battery time, and I have removed the battery, but the alarm keeps triggering and my code doesn't stop it! The only way I can shut it up is to cut off the mains circuit it is on, but I read on another thread that this is the worst thing you can do! Is there any way of resetting my code so I can turn it off?

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I have an accenta G3 that has worked fine for 6 years but today following a power outage the alarm set off. I understand this is probably new battery time, and I have removed the battery, but the alarm keeps triggering and my code doesn't stop it! The only way I can shut it up is to cut off the mains circuit it is on, but I read on another thread that this is the worst thing you can do! Is there any way of resetting my code so I can turn it off?

Batterychange should be morefrequent than that2-3 years, you should have an engineers code that will allow you in without setting the tamper off.

I don't have an engineer's code. When we bought the house we were given the code the owner used. The service engineer (we found today) doesn't operate anymore.

I guess the reason the battery wasn't changed that we haven't used it so regularly... mainly holidays and such... as there has usually been someone in the house.

Sponsored Links
the user code should stop the noise when opening the panel. if it doesn`t are you sure you are entering the correct code? because it doesn`t sound like it. you should be able to open the lid, enter code to stop noise. put new battery in, close lid then press reset . jobs a good un

I guess the reason the battery wasn't changed that we haven't used it so regularly... mainly holidays and such... as there has usually been someone in the house.
when you open panel and set alarm off, ensure you hold down the tamper spring, then enter your code. Dont let go of spring enter prog 9999 this i guess will put you into engineers mode and let go of spring.
Afterwards press day to exit engineers code.

when you open panel and set alarm off, ensure you hold down the tamper spring, then enter your code. Dont let go of spring enter prog 9999 this i guess will put you into engineers mode and let go of spring.
Afterwards press day to exit engineers code.

If you are struggling you could contact
Texecom (0)1706 234800
I believe these were the actual manufacturer of that panel (although it may have goneunder so many other brands like ADE and Norbain and so on

sorry mate but they instructions aint gonna do very much on your 2nd last post

edit - make that both your last posts

sorry mate but they instructions aint gonna do very much on your 2nd last post

I would just grin and bare the noise, shouldnt take long to change the battery over, it will go off while lid is open as the tamper sprig will operate.
Just be quick

the user code should stop the noise when opening the panel. if it doesn`t are you sure you are entering the correct code?

agree with that.

it may have defaulted (doubtful)

but i have seen more than once some one insists they have the right code (i say they haven't) only to find I am right (when correct code found and entered)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back