Accenta G4 Mini

my roller sensor is on the inside of the garage. Isn't that the way to do it?

I know you are trying to humor me, but that was my point earlier, if you can ajar roller shutter and get access to the contact without setting off alarm, then whats the point of having one?

Sponsored Links
Point is ..that’s only starts the entry timer ...eg detector inside the building activates instant if it picks up before the entry timer is started ..

I see what your saying, thanks, yes I do have PIR's sensors inside the building that instantly set off alarm.

I'm still learning how to set it up at the moment,

Cheers

So at the moment I am setting alarm with roller shutter door open, overriding code to set alarm, leave premises, close roller shutter door - Alarm set.

Would it be better to extend the exit time to 45-60 sec... That would allow me to set alarm with roller shutter door closed, set alarm (no errors or overriding), open roller shutter door, leave premises, close roller shutter door - Alarm set.

I see your point now sparkymarka regarding the entry roller shutter contact, I now get it - It does not matter if they ajar shutter... Because the conditions of the alarm is set to the following:

Roller shutter door contact
1... It will set off the 30 sec entry time.
or
2... They somehow bypass it - They've gained entry via shutter (no alarm activation) but now the next stage is the PIR instantly activating the alarm.

From a thiefs point of view, option 1 is the better choice as it would gain a 30 second advantage to try and disable alarm.

Option 2 has no advantage.

The PIR is in inhibited mode, but only if the roller contact is activated first.

Makes sense now, sorry for the confusion.

Sponsored Links
got there in the end ...lol ..the older G3 panels supported a key switch ...no entry exit needed...all x
Zones could be instant ...

Yeah lol learn something new everyday - thanks for all the help and support.

So are you a fan of the older G3 key switch? Or is it a flawed design compared to the newer panels? I wonder why the new ones don't have them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back