Accenta G4 Tamper - bell house?

T J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got a Accenta G4 alarm that randomly has a tamper fault (normally in the early hours just to screw with me!). I contacted a local alarm company they said just by-pass/ loop out the TAMP connection (bottom, believe this to be sensors).

Done this, 2 weeks later it triggers again. I noticed the Keypad (TAMP LHS) and Bell (T & A) also have tampers according to engineers manual.

Now I suspect its the bell house, purely because it's outside - elements, insects etc.

So I thought I could do the same but the alarm actually went properly off when doing this? I could only revert back to previous installation which means risk of tamper fault again - is there no means of by-pass / looping out the bell/siren?

Cheers TJ

Sponsored Links
You can’t remove the wires from the bell tamper as it supply’s 0v to the bell , you can still fit a link between ….it may ring as you put the link in the terminal …

• Thanks
Reactions: T J
Thanks sparkymarka so if I link between T & A but keep originals in (two cables into each junction) that's as good as looping it out to fix my problem?

Sponsored Links
Awesome - I'm gonna wait til tomorrow to give it a try, its bit late for alarm trips and my neighbours probably won't thank me!

The bell will still ring tho if it tampers, just wont trigger the control panel

So do you think it's a lost cause then?

When it's tampered it rings for 1 second and then clicks continuously, Keypad makes some internal noise.

This is the condition I'm trying to avoid / bypass. Are you saying this will still happen? Or the other condition when you discount the T&A it rings constantly? (Guessing that's replicating another form of tampering)

If siren tampers ot will ring locally or in your case make a clicking sound. When this happens the tamper return voltage to the panel is cut therefore causing an alarm condotion. If you link out the bell tamper in the control panel all you are doing is giving the tamper return a permanent 0v feed. You still need to address the issue with the bell box by either down powering or replacing it.

So by that comment linking the tamper provides permanent 0v so the tamper will sound surely?

This sounds like my issue isn't solvable through a link? The bell when whatever issue it's developed will continue to trigger randomly?

Just trying to make it to be a basic system, that if a sensor is tripped the alarm goes off - if someone comes rips my 20ft wall mounted alarm then.. well done you've defeated my alarm system

The tamper circuit is linked out at the panel to determine if the bell is the cause of the tamper.

If the bell box does sound when it’s tampered but not showing on keypad it be clear the issue is around the bell box.

If the panel shows the tamper then tamper is from a different source.

The bell box if it is still going off needs looking at.
It could be a case of adjusting the tamper, replacing the bell box battery or replacing the bell box.

we don’t know how it’s wired so the advice is to help identify the source of the tamper so far.

Yeah appreciate the advice so far and apologies I should probably post some pictures!

I've removed and linked the bottom TAMP (blue link).
Screenshot_20230701_100533_Gallery.jpg

I've left the Keypad TAMP (blue X) as is so guessing this would be my last option if once I've looped the bell house whilst keeping the original wires in (red link).

Screenshot_20230701_100602_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_100442_Gallery.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back