Access to Gable Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My TV aerial is in need of replacement.

Ideally I'd fit the new aerial in the same position however the house has been extended since the aerial was originally installed and it is now positioned approximately 8ft above a lean-to roof. I've attached a photo showing the current location.

The only solution I've come up with is mount a wall bracket, or potentially a pair of brackets, significantly lower down the wall. I've been up on the roof and realistically I'd have to mount the bracket around 3ft lower than the current one, then use a longer pole to get the aerial back up to the current height. However that still leaves the question of how I remove the old aerial.

What would a professional do for access?

Sponsored Links
Here's a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_195041.jpg
    IMG_20210403_195041.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
I've recently taken the aerials off our chimney, they were in a bad way and probably about 40 years old. One of them is still connected to one of our TVs and despite it just lying on the scaffolding and pointing towards the ground we still get a perfect picture - I guess the digital signal must be stronger than the old analogue. As above, might be worth trying one in the loft first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back