Access to HepVO traps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My bathroom is above an integral garage. I used inline HepVO traps for the bath and shower so that I could fit the bath as low to the floor as possible and also fit a low level shower tray directly on the floor (and partly because I like the idea of the HepVO traps).

I removed the plasterboard on the garage ceiling and did the work from below, as it was easier to get at some of the existing plumbing and drainage without having to lift the floors in multiple rooms above. I now need to re-plasterboard the garage ceiling (double-thickness for fire regs).

My question is, do I need to provide some sort of access to the HepVO traps, or can I just replasterboard on the basis that I'll hopefully never need to access them, or if I do then I could just remove a small square of plasterboard and replace it?

I don't want to break any fire regs or any plumbing regs so would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Graham

Sponsored Links
It would be advisable to provide access in order to be able to remove the trap ect mind u most or many do not tiled in baths / panels are quite often found !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back