access to other side of pitch..

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
hi
i've got a job that involves fitting a vertical flue. I have a roofer that usually assists me, which makes the job a damn site easier and means i dont have to climb on the roof, however he's on holiday and i need some advice.
The job i've got has no access from the side of the property where the pitch is. You can get to it from the other side though. I'm guessing you'd just climb to the top and just hoick the ladder over the other side?
Is there much more to consider ? time/cost wise?
just wanna make sure I allow appropiate time/cost in the quote
cheers
micky

Sponsored Links
You also need to consider sliding right down the other side and breaking your neck due to no scaffold to stop you falling :eek:

Allow for broken tiles too

yeh thats why i needed a pro's opinion. What do u reckon ? allow say few hours and a bit for tiles?

He`s on holiday with his hooked roof ladders etc. :?: then you need to hire 2 of them and a ladder to get you up to the gutter line . Screw eye and rope to lash ladder to fascia( if wood) or rawlplug it into wall if plastic fascia . Then you might need one of those BIG blocks and a fall arresting cable from it right over the roof with you attached to it looking like a sky dish fitter :LOL: :LOL: . Other than looking a Prat. BE SAFE @ all costs ;) Allow a Day - getting all that up and back plus the penetration of the roof/ flue - maybe a bit over .

Sponsored Links
He`s on holiday with his hooked roof ladders etc. :?:
no sorry misunderstanding. I dont go on roof ;) i just needed advice and when i phoned him i got a spanish message of some kind :/
I've priced in for what would probably be about 1/2 to 3/4 day. He's pretty reasonable and he has an apprentice so i think we'll be ok. just needed to keep it tight to win the job. Could be several others in it if this goes to plan.

sounds about right with 2 of them ;) I was thinking you on your own -struggling like I used to :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back