Access to ventilation chanelling in roof space?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
In the middle of my garage convesion still.. I'm, putting in ventilation chanelling about 3mtrs to get from my new wc/shower room to the outside world. This involves about 1mtr of the chanelling going through a roof space (roof space above integral garage). I will have access to the 2mtrs leading 2 the extraction fan but closing the roof space totolally leaves the last 1mtr not accessible, this includes the connection to the vent tile and adapter.
Is this ok with building regs? Should I have a mini loft hatch to access this part if it needs attention in the future?
thanks
KS

Sponsored Links
there are no rules to say that have to have access.

it will be purely a choice of risk against cosmetics. there are many ducts in buildings that are inaccessible, with no ill effects.

just make sure the connections are sound in this portion of the duct. if applicable, use solvent cement to connect any joins.

Thanks, thought this may be the case, that keeps me happy just in case the bco asks.. After I get sign off / completion I may just fit a loft hatch and use the little storage room there is to give me more space.. :LOL: .. then I could always take a look at it.
The full run is 3metres thereabouts. What my concerns were there could be condensation running back and laying in the chanelling. Its the last 1mtr is vertical and the 90degree elbow is also in the loft space. shouldn't be a problem, will take up your advise with the cement to secure the joints..
ta
KS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back