Accessing bathroom box behind tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear DIYNot forum members!

Would you be so kind and help me figure out how to get access to the pipework behind this enclosure? Can you tell from the picture what method of access should be used?
photo_2023-10-04_16-02-11.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Anton

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that there is no access without making a mess.

Why do you need access?

Boiler is being moved into this location. I just wanted to prep open as much as I can to help the person doing it

Sponsored Links
I don't have much of an experience, but I am thinking of grout removal blades for multitools, gentle removal of tiles, etc. Nobody else has any other ideas apart from using a hammer? :ROFLMAO:

If the tiles have been fixed properly, there will be nothing gentle about their removal.
They are not going to come off in one piece unless someone came up with a clever idea to give you access to that box when the tiles were installed.
A multitool grout removal blade will only penetrate a couple of inches from the edge of the tile at best, when you try to lift the tile it will snap.

If the tiles have been fixed properly, there will be nothing gentle about their removal.
They are not going to come off in one piece unless someone came up with a clever idea to give you access to that box when the tiles were installed.
A multitool grout removal blade will only penetrate a couple of inches from the edge of the tile at best, when you try to lift the tile it will snap.
100% this. Save yourself some time and accept they're going to need smashing off. They're very likely to be ceramic and will snap off in pieces.

They look like a fairly plain white tile so shouldn't be hard to find replacements.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Based on what you may have seen before, what do you think is behind the tiles? Is it plasterboard, metal, wood?

Thank you all! Will try to come up with some clever way of getting access!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back