accumulator on shared supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hoping someone will be able to clear this up 4 me,
I have a terraced house that is on a shared supply to 5 other houses I am last in line to recieve any water, I have an electric shower but goes cold when anyone else uses the water. I have had 2 plumbers out to assess my options but they say nothing can be done. I contacted water board nothing they can do apart from having my own supply quoted £2400!! I have a combi but flow isnt good enough to run a mixer, I read on here about accumulators being an option would this work are they easy to fit etc.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Accumulators are sometimes the option. I've installed 2 this week, and have had one in my own house since 2004.

The critical readings to assess suitability are static pressure and flow rate. The former being most important.

Without these, no-one can say whether it will be the answer.

NB: Low pressure can be solved by an accumulator with a pump, called 'Mainsboost +' but if this was professionally installed you would be getting close to your £2400.

Another case of why have a combi in the first place. Have the cylinder and storage tanks put back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back