accumulator tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted on this site a week or so ago under Problem with Pump - whenever we run any water, we can hear the pump clanking on and off all the time. Engineer been out today - he is unable to pressurise our accumlator tank. He says he could replace the membrane inside and the schrayder (?) valve but it would be just as cost effective to replace the whole vessel so this is what we have agreed to do. Once this is sorted, he will then be able to see if this is the only cause of the problem.

I have no complaints about the engineer who seems to know his stuff and was excellent when we had a problem with the boiler but he himself says he has never seen this particular accumulator tank (CIMM AFE) and so just wondered if what he is saying seems reasonable. I would value another opinion. He also says we have a very bog standard pump - Clark - and he would have expected a better one.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Schrader valve

schrader1[1].jpg

I knew that :!:

"Yer schrader valve's gone luv, big job"

littlesaur

I think your water system is based on boat technology.

check out this link
http://www.chmarine.com/Jabsco/Water Pressure Systems/Index.html

If your mains water pressure is ok, I can see no need for this arrangement.

the schrader valve internals can be replaced. ask any tyre fitter. :LOL:
the little valve comes out with a peg type tool :eek:
ok, im going to put me helmet on....... i might not have understood the original question :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back