Acer aspire Revo 3700 network controller driver for Vista

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello group, I've recently purchased an ACER Revo 3700, it came with no operating system so I have installed Windows Vista premium. Everything is working except I can't install a compatible driver for the network controller, nor do I know the type it is. The Acer site has the drivers for Windows 7, but does not support any other O/S at this time. I will be running the unit via a network cable so this would really be useful. If anyone can shed any light on this I will be eternally grateful.
Regards Otto

Sponsored Links
Hi

I did a search for the Acer Revo 3700 on Google, as Acer's website does not even list it! One particular post indicated that the (wired) LAN card is a Realtek, the drivers for which can be downloaded from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads. Search for the following:
RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168
RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)
RTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E
RTL8168E/RTL8111F/RTL8411

Please post back and let us know if this is the correct driver.

It's the wireless he wants, not the wired. Realtek wired NIC drivers are supplied with Vista..

I'll have a look later.

Thanks guys, it is actually the wired network controller I require. The wireless appears to be OK. The Revo 3700 is on the Acer site in the download section, its under Desktop/Aspire, but it only lists the windows 7 driver which isn't recognised by my Vista installtion.
Thanks again, Otto

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, it is actually the wired network controller I require. The wireless appears to be OK. The Revo 3700 is on the Acer site in the download section, its under Desktop/Aspire, but it only lists the windows 7 driver which isn't recognised by my Vista installtion.
Thanks again, Otto

Your post implied you were using the wired.

Vista should have a working driver for that. If not, well, here you go:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If I were you, I'd run 7. Vista is not worth the effort.

Tried all the drivers listed, to no avail. Tried uninstalling then re-installing but made no difference. what makes you guys think it is manufactured by realtek?
regards Otto

Please right click on the device, select propeties, go to the details tab, and select hardware IDs from the list. Paste the top string.

I've pasted the string, I've also included the 3 strings below in case they are of any use.

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_662211AD&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_662211AD
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028

Thanks guys, admire your patience
Otto

Oh, that would probably explain why the wireless network isn't working then, doh!

Do you know if there is a compatible driver!
Regards Otto :oops:

It was Monkeh, I assumed (never assume ) that the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller2" was the wireless device in the system device string, this had not explanation mark associated with it, have I had the 2 devices mixed up all the time then?
Regards Otto

GBE = Gigabit Ethernet. So yes, you've had it mixed up.

As I initially said, Realtek drivers are supplied with Vista.

I am sending this message via my wireless network adapter on my Revo, I have also tested the wired network and all is well. Thanks Monkeh, I could kiss yer..

Kindest regards Otto
:D

Sponsored Links
Back