acevo flat panel vertical radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The radiator is 44cm wide by 180cm
length.
3 out of 6 panels are not heating up.
From left to right, the panels remaining cold are panels 2,3 and 6.
I am presuming that the holes are blocked or rusted over (have bled radiator etc and nothing has worked).
Is the easiest solution a new radiator?
Thanks for any advice
Rachel

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks yes sorry I meant height. I believe it was installed in 2009/2010, we moved into the house in 2014. I am not sure if it worked when we moved in.
Rachel

Balance the system if you know how and with the rubber end of a hammer tap the flow ways (where the vertical meets the horizontal.)

This could even work without balancing

Sponsored Links
Ive had this a lot with Vertical radiators. I think they are poorly manufactured I suspect.

A dirty system won't help matters

Thanks for this idea, will try it tomorrow

Can I just check, I think there are flow ways at the top and bottom of each panel? Do I tap both? Thanks

Tap each vertical top and bottom as they attach to the horizontal. If that does not work then you may need to do the same while balancing the system.

Hi, thanks yes sorry I meant height. I believe it was installed in 2009/2010, we moved into the house in 2014. I am not sure if it worked when we moved in.
Rachel
Hi rachel wasn being cheecky , but vertical colum rads like you have are flow sensitive , some not all have a baffle on the flow and if piped wrong they will eventually heat up but will never work properly
edited as @Bodd correctly says not all have a baffle fitted, but I have seen some that partially heat when wrongly piped

Last edited:
Not all Vertical rads have Baffles.
From my experience if the baffled kind are piped up wrong they won't work at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back