ACL motorised valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble getting hot water only - I have a Potteton Flamingo boiler, I'm guessing its a fully pumped system as all pipework is 15mm and 22mm, room stat , cylinder stat and what I think is a Cyltrol valve.
Its a landis and gyr traditional dial/slide programmer.

I'm guessing the problem is with one of the two 22mm ACL lifestyle motorised valves.

The heating works fine, but I can only get Hot water when I select Heating and hot water. And I only get hot water when the room stat is turned up high.
When I select hot water only, the boiler doesn't come on.

It has worked fine in previous years.
If anyone could assist as to possible problems I'd be grateful.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could have a microswitch problem in your HW valve or your common wire (which switches your boiler on when microswitch has made) is not in good contact either in your wiring centre or the valve itelf.

most likely the former of the two

thanks Rob,
So if I change just the motor (actuator) ,would that do the trick.
ie does the motor contain the microswitch, or would I need to chane the whole valve (body +motor)
Thanks

yes the head valve head 'actuator' contains a micro switch. the fact that if you switch on your heating and get HW suggests the valve is opening but not firing boiler.

unfortunately i cant do the basic tests over the internet, so its down to what seems like the most obvious and reasonable answer which would be microswitch failure

Sponsored Links
Yes indeed. Easy way to identify whether motor or microswitch, open manually, does boiler fire? It's motor, does it not? It's microswitch or both.

New head is simplest solution and easy to change.

Yes indeed. Easy way to identify whether motor or microswitch, open manually, does boiler fire? It's motor, does it not? It's microswitch or both.

New head is simplest solution (aslong as it isn't the hydraulics all gummed up and immovable, which is sometimes the problem) and easy to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back