Aco Drains - and connection to guttering/soil pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Have a question about Aco drains and connections.
Have a Victorian terrace whereby I want to place Aco drains against the property perimeter (3M at rear, 6M at side then 1 M across rear living room door.

We have old drains whereby soil/guttering/baths/showers/sinks etc all go down and into the same drain system.

So I have a question, the soil pipe comes down the building haf way along the 6 metre run, therefore can I join the aco drains at ground level into the soil pipe, if yes, is this a job I can do or do I need to get someone in to do it?

Soil pipe is brown PVC type (not clay or anything)

The rainwater and other taps go down into the same sewer drain at a different point on the property.

Thanks,

Justin.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise if this is in an incorrect sub-forum and needs to be moved?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Technically you should be looking at the options, soakaway is preferred choice, but if this isn't suitable, then surface water drain, and last option, combined drain, (which you have currently). Building Control at the Council need to be consulted first, they will advise which method they will accept.

Should the ok be given, you can DIY the job, but the Aco drain with need to be connected to the drainage system via a trap, or you'll have drain odours coming back out at you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back