Acrylic bath recommendations wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need a new bath and have been told that the reason why there's such a variance in prices is due to the thickness of acrylic used. This makes sense. Can anyone recommend a standard white acrylic bath built to last?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. The baths look good. Would you have an idea what a plumber would charge to fit taps, waste, install and seal it?

No, I wouldn't, because I can't see the location it needs to go in and I don't know what area of the country you are in. Does the existing bath need removing? Lots of variables to be taken into account!

Sponsored Links
I'd remove the old bath and access is very good. Just wanted to get an idea of what a pro may charge.

Looking into this a little more seriously now has uncovered brands / types such as Thermocast, Trojancast, Corronite, Armourcast!

Their all different pricing but all quite pricey and I don't want to waste money. Can anyone recommend or slate any of them so I can narrow down my list?

Have only use carron carronite baths check the resales merchants prices they do vary a lot :!: your plumber would know where to buy these.

Plenty of imported baths on internet from china if you want to keep them in business and buy blind,its up to you.

Happy bath time :LOL:

Carrion baths are great and they last for the duration I put one in years ago for a customer and he's still shouting it's,and my praises.Bob

Avoid the internet based companies as some of their stuff, especially brassware, is truly awful. And their baths are the stuff of nightmares - warpage, poor finish etc.

A decent bath is going to be 350 minimum. Carron baths are reliable and their carronite reinforced baths are good. You will get spanked for the bath panels.

Can't give a price for fitting, but the previously quoted 150 to 300 for installing is absolutely accurate. If you want the panel fitted it may well be extra. Quite often, fitting the bath panel can be the hardest job of all - especially when it is a limp plastic sheet that has to be supported by thin air.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go either for a Carron or a Trojan bath. I can't afford their Trojancast or Carronite finish so hope their 'standard' baths are infinitely better than say the Cooke & Lewis baths on the B&Q website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back