Acrylic bath repair.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend of SWMBO just lost her kitchen ceiling to a leak under the bath.
Just been to have a look and it's the corner bath itself that has sprung a leak.
No obvious damage looking into the bath.
Good access underneath.
Anyone got any suggestions for a repair?
I've got some Flexacryl(?) roof repair stuff in the shed, thought painting that on might help but I'm open to suggestions.
Poor lass hasn't got a bean so I'm trying to help best I can.

Sponsored Links
Once put a crack in mine whilst standing in it and dropped a spanner (don`t ask), repaired it with car body repair fibreglass from underneath and it sealed fine, put a thick layer on mind you. :)

Cheers. Will look into that.

Anyone else?

Just Pumps has it spot on - can't think of a better way - the baths are quite often fibreglassed from new to strengthen.

Sponsored Links
Problems with acrylic baths is that they flex when there is weight in them and cracks tend to open and close under the stress. Good luck but I think a repair will have a limited life.

Problems with acrylic baths is that they flex when there is weight in them and cracks tend to open and close under the stress. Good luck but I think a repair will have a limited life.
Fibre glass flexes, 10yrs and counting. :)

Temporary will do. She has a dish under the leak with easy access to check on things.
She just wants her kitchen ceiling replaced and she's a bit reluctant while the leak is present.
Will give it a go.
Thanks for the assists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back