Acrylic Eggshell over mist coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Prepped the plaster in my bathroom with a mist coat of leyland contractors matt emulsion ready for applying the top coat. We have got some wickes bathroom paint which they say is an acrylic eggshell paint.

After the mist coat dried I decided to apply some of the bathroom paint to a test area. the main reason for doing that was because when it was applied to a previously painted wall it caused both layers of paint to peel off back to bare plaster.

I left the test area to dry, and even though it looks like it has adhered to the mist coat, when I popped a bit of masking tape on it, it peeled off like a skin although the mist coat stayed on.

With this in mind I wanted to check to see if this is what this kind of bathroom paint does when it's dry? I know it's supposed to be moisture resistant so didn't know if it does this by drying and becoming like a skin layer?

I don't want to paint all of the walls and find out that it's going to peel off months down the line if it gets knocked. Otherwise are there any other alternatives to use? As I mentioned, the mist coat is fine and dandy on the plaster so it seems to be this bathroom paint.

Cheer

Sponsored Links
All paints need thinning. Add 5-10% water and try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back