ACS Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum...so please go easy on me.
I am currently in the process of trying to gain my domestic ACS.
I have been plumbing for five years ,in the building services sector,but have only recently passed my city and guilds.
I am in need of finding a registerd installer to do my portfolio with(this involves 30 jobs based over 4 elements)

I am based in Hampshire,but am willing to travel,to get the experience that I need.

Willing to work for free,or even pay the installer.
Can anyone help

Regards

Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Dirkdiggler- I live just south of Petersfield.

ChrisR- The college where I am doing m yACS has lumped all of the elements and CCN1 into one package.So although I have done practical training on all of the above, I havent passed my CCN1,as the assessments are all in the same week.
Regards
Linkyplumb

Sponsored Links
I think that you should explain the timescales involved!

Tony

I wish I could give advice because all the young lads who come in for assessment from NVQ courses plus a handful of so called jobs, really struggle.
If you're doing the assessment at the same place as the training, they might show you what you need to know. Otherwise, some ACS centres seem to love to ask a curvy question just so they can "refer" you - ie come back again.
Most of the available training is thoroughly inadequate. Screwing a few boilers on the wall also doesn't teach you much.

Hi
Fair comment Agile.
Should have put in the OP that I am not looking to do this in a few weeks but over a few months(or however long it takes).

Should of also put that I intend to go and work for a manufacturer(so i am not in the market to take away anyones livlihood),once I pass my ACS.

Why not just join them without ACS? I hear you all ask.

The reason is that i am 30 years old with a whopping mortgage etc, so wanted to gain ACS first ,so at least I am not going in at the very bottom(been there done that 14 years ago).

Hope this clears up any question/concerns etc.

Regards
Linkyplumb

The manufacturer's aren't that naive. they know that folk off quick plumbing courses get themselves ACS/Corgi registered but still hardly know one end of a boiler from the other. That doesn't necessarily stop them employing yhe people, of course.
If you've done your homework, and are averagely bright, you could be taught enough to get through ACS in about a day.
Maybe I should run courses!

hello mate

We arent a million miles away from you and may be able to help. Email me and I will pass your info on, you never know

:)

Hi ChrisR
What I meant was that I intend to work for a company(if possible) and then for a manufacturer.
I do appreciate that you only really start learning once you have passed the ACS.
Regards
Linkyplumb

Hi ChrisR
What I meant was that I intend to work for a company(if possible) and then for a manufacturer.
I do appreciate that you only really start learning once you have passed the ACS.
Regards
Linkyplumb

You start learning on the first day you pick up a toolbox, ACS is just paperwork, you stop learning when you retire.

Can I suggest you contact Namsag? He claims to know everything and be the best heating engineer the world has ever seen. :LOL:

Can I suggest you contact Namsag? He claims to know everything and be the best heating engineer the world has ever seen. :LOL:

But he does not have a name and he does not meet us at shows or ARGI meetings or even say where he lives!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back