Actress Susannah York dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Tragic loss, there aren't many like her. Our condolences to the family and all concerned. May she rest in peace.

UKTech

Sponsored Links
A beautiful lady with talent to spare.
Think a few of us 'grew up' thinking about her in our teens.
Another Great lost from our lives.
"Don't you shout at me Mr Warwick!!" (Battle of Britain as she tried to light her fag. Class!)
RIP dear Lady, you will never be forgotten.

RIP and thanks for entertaining so many with your talents and skills.

Why is it sad when someone famous dies - but not when it's an ordinary person? :confused:

Why is it sad when someone famous dies - but not when it's an ordinary person? :confused:
Who said it isn't?

I don't think it's nice to rain on other peoples' way of expressing their grief or sadness, even if it is just a forum...

Why is it sad when someone famous dies

Because they may have impacted us in some way by their performances.
Ordinary people don't have that gift though its still sad when they pass.

If someone touches your heart, if you have one, then I think it is perfectly understandable and human!

The first time I wept over someone I had "never met" was when Karen Carpenter died. I was equally, or more, upset when Freddie Mercury died in November 91. (I can't believe it will be 20 years this year).

Maybe you are some sort of alpha male wannabe, but if someone brings pleasure and hapiness into your life the way many have whom I have never met I think it is normal to feel sadness for that loss/gift/comfort.

I don't know why you feel the need to pour salt on such a new and open wound when she has not been malevolent or cruel.

So you grieve for an actress that plays 'touching' parts but not for one that plays 'baddies'? So what you are really grieving for is a script written by someone you'll never meet and might well be still alive? Can't you see the madness in that?

So you grieve for an actress that plays 'touching' parts but not for one that plays 'baddies'? So what you are really grieving for is a script written by someone you'll never meet and might well be still alive? Can't you see the madness in that?
You never read John Donne?

Gentlemen, with respect to you all and Susannah York, I have opened a new thread to discuss the points raised here. Could I ask you to continue this discussion in that thread please?

Thank you.

You`re right again Joe.

Fothright but correct. All just part of the Celebrity /Facebook / tittle tattle culture . Shame she died of course , but why cast her with Bery Reid - Jo Lumley would have done a better job ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back