Add a second light to a PIR Light - LED Outdoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning All,

Can i pick your brain's please; I have two outdoor lights that i want to replace with LED's.
*Lights are connected to a switch inside the house, switch isolates live at first light.
*Light one is a PIR bulkhead that has a driver inside, thus allowing for the second light to be added to the chocblock inside.
*Light two is connected to light one with the live on to a 4th cable that i suspect is power from the PIR to the lights driver (its an ancient thing) so light two comes on when the PIR triggers.

What i want to do is set it up the same way but with LEDs< i have installed the first new light but only have the obvious LN&E on the pre-terminated flex. therefore i suspect what i want to do cant be done? unless you have any wizardry ideas? the other options i suspect is get two normal none PIR lights and an external PIR? OR i try and open up the new light and see if i can connect a cable to the PIR activated live?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If i understand you correctly, you have bought 1x led with pir and one without ? If thats the case i would not advise you to try to access to internal wiring of the pir. 1. it's not designed to do what you require , and 2 if you add to the load of pir it may burn out and your warrantly is u/s as you have dabbled !

I would suggest you install 2 non pir fittings and do as you suggest and add a stand alone pir. Or, buy a second unit with build in pir. Your wiring will suit both arrangments. But you know that :rolleyes:.

Regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back