Add cctv to intercom system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a basic intercom system installed in my apartment that takes calls from outside and releases the main door, but there is no camera to see who is calling and I can't see the ground around the building from any of my windows, I want to see who is there before I answer for security and to stop nuisances and want to know the best way to put some sort of camera at the door, I can't replace the whole intercom system as it connects the other apartments too and a cctv camera would have to be placed where it can only give a top-down view so I would like to see if there are any other options, like if I bought myself an intercom with camera built in could it be connected and not interfere with other residents' systems, or any other suggestions please? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any alterations to the intercom system must be agreed with your management company or freeholder, otherwise you could be billed for repair/replacement.

It might be possible to replace the intercom panel with a compatible one with a camera -
- if one is available
- if the power supply suitable for a camera is available at the existing panel location
- if the cabling to your flat is suitable for video as well as audio

It might be more sensible to get a camera mounted in a suitable location and wired into the communal TV system, then all residents can see the camera on their televisions. This would also have to go through your management co. or freeholder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back