Add floor sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I just been asked to install floor sockets under frezers in cake shop are we allowed to do this!!

Sponsored Links
Hi
I just been asked to install floor sockets under frezers in cake shop are we allowed to do this!!

I suppose so.

Assuming the freezers aren't actually sitting on the floor sockets and plugs.

And you're not expecting them to get wet or anything.

What is your actual concern?

I don't know whether there is any reg explicitly requiring it, but if a socket is not readily accessible then I would want to see a separate means of disconnection that was accessible.

Hi

Set in the floor, or just on the floor? Set in the floor is common in offices below desks to supply computers. The floor is raised above the sub-floor, with space below for pipes and cables etc.. You can buy special in floor boxes, with flip open lids, which include mains sockets and network outlets.

Sponsored Links
I wonder why they feel floor mounted is best?

Quite often supermarkets rely on ceiling power feeding one cable vertically then using a horizontal distribution either on top of high shelves, or feeding a rail that sits between back to back units.

My concern with floor mounts and freezers would be leaks/spillages and the natural actions of staff who'd use a mop to clean up.

I suppose so.

Assuming the freezers aren't actually sitting on the floor sockets and plugs.

And you're not expecting them to get wet or anything.

What is your actual concern?

I thought 45cm min distance from the floor

Set in the floor, or just on the floor? Set in the floor is common in offices below desks to supply computers. The floor is raised above the sub-floor, with space below for pipes and cables etc.. You can buy special in floor boxes, with flip open lids, which include mains sockets and network outlets.

Thanks Harry
It will set in the floor flash with the tiles and later stages the shop owner will get fridge

I don't know whether there is any reg explicitly requiring it, but if a socket is not readily accessible then I would want to see a separate means of disconnection that was accessible.
I think I will run separate cable to RCBO in case of trip won't effect the rest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back