Added Inhibitor but still getting hydrogen in radiators.

Could be youre sucking air in and that’s starting it gassing. Bob

Sponsored Links
Sentinel do a heating water test kit, often £10 on Amazon. You collect a small sample of tap water and heating water (from a bleed valve), send it off and they provide a report. System does need to have X100 (only) in it to produce a report with anything useful on it though.

UPDATE 5th April.

The good news:
- the build up of hydrogen in the radiators seems to have stopped
- had the boiler serviced he said it was in very good nick including the heat exchanger

The bad news: That was 10 days ago and the boiler pressure has since dropped 1 bar and I have topped up. This wasn't happening before.
So a leak? But I can't find anything and there is no air getting in the system that I can tell. Seen lots of threads on this have checked rads, visible joints, ceilings, looked for drip on outside pipe etc... Nothing.

Expansion vessel was reportedly correctly pressurised.

He did do some scrubbing thing on the heat exchanger? Could that have aggravated anything? Should I get someone back for another look at the boiler???
Should I start pulling things apart in the non visible areas to look for leaks?

Thanks as ever...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back