adding a circuit breaker to our home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had previously posted this problem in the wrong section, and I will admit to being basically ignorant when it comes to electricity unless you count knowing what it feels like to be shocked. I have a 1987 trailer. I have an air conditioner I want to use but the breaker for that room keeps tripping. The only two solutions I could come up with were to get an extension cord and try to run the a/c to another outlet hoping that it wouldnt be overloaded or to put in another breaker in an empty slot available on the circuit board. I need to know if either of these would work. I know NOTHING about how the circuit breaker works except that it supplies different amounts of power to different outlets in the house< This may be a stupid question, but can i just add another breaker? and.. how hard would it be to split the power between the existing breaker and a new one i could(hopefully) install myself. I just want a little cold air without having every damn thing in the house shut off on me. and btw.. please... if any of this seems really ignorant, remember I know NOTHING about how this works,, so any possible solution needs to be as simplistic as possible so i will understand, thanks..

Sponsored Links
I am sorry to say but if you "know nothing" then you should get an electrcian in to do it for you.

remember, electricty has no prejudices, it kills any one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back