Adding a PIR to two existing outside lights

Sponsored Links
riveralt wrote:
For both lights to come on and off via the PIR you will need to run the power through the PIR lamp first - and then to the non PIR lamp.
Most PIR lamps have an additional switch live terminal for additional lights just check the one you buy has this facility.
It would be this one, can you tell from the description?
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lig...loodlight+with+PIR/d220/sd2678/p67830[/QUOTE]
I fitted one of these a few weeks ago - but as required left the instructions with the customer - there is no flick on/off/on facility and I don't remember seeing the additional terminal.

If you search the internet for a Pir floodlight with additional switching capacity you will probably find one.
However, I have so far only found halogen lights (albeit 150w) that have this facility.

Sponsored Links
A stand alone PIR capable of the total wattage would be connectible and

some combined units have an accessible switched live in the same connector block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back