two outside lights (PIR) with one switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I want to fit two PIR lights to the outside wall of my garage with one switch to turn off/on. Is the following the correct way to do it?
Take 1mm twin core & earth from RCD unit inside garage (off the lighting curcuit) and feed into light one, then loop onto light two then into a switch?

Or
Take the 1mm twin core and earth into a switch first then into light one and then onto light two?

Cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
How do you intend to connect this switch at the end of the cable; between live and neutral? You won't be the first one to commit this classic boo boo and I'm sure you won't be the last. If the switch is off when you put the power back on you'll find your lights are working nicely. When you flip the switch they'll go off with a big bang - along with anything else on the same fuse. When my father did this long, long ago the whole house went off because he blew the service fuse!

You don't seem to understand elementary circuit theory. Draw yourself a circuit diagram and see if you can spot the silly mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back