Adding a radiator to existing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm adding a radiator to an existing boiler system that was installed last year (Worcestor 30SI boiler).

I'm trying to keep the amount of flux added to the system down to a minimum by flushing out most of the new pipework, but obivously when I connect the new pipe work to the old it will then be sealed.

Do I need to flush out the system, if so with what? Just water? I have two connections on the supply and return at the lowest point in the system, so I could connect a water hose there and flush the system out with water?

Please help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Flushing with water will be fine. Just remember to top up with inhibitor once you have completed all the work and filled the system to check for leaks.

Actually, just had a thought.

My boiler has the optional filling loop installed making it easy to add pressure (water) to the system. On the CH exit on the boiler there is a drain cock. If I can just isolate the boiler I should be able to flush the sytem using the drain cock (if I don't isolate it the water will just flow through and out the boiler).
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back