Adding radiators

idc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm adding a 3 roomed ground floor extension to the rear of my house. The ground floor of the original house is concrete and therefore my central heating pipework is buried in this concrete.

Can I 'T' into a first floor bedroom 22mm pipework which is under floorboards then drop the pipework down to ground level in the extension and thereby connect the new radiators?

Do I have to connect the new pipework as a ring main or can I 'dead end' the supply and return pipework?

My existing system is a gravity fed 2 pipe system with a conventional gas boiler which will cope with an extra 9500Btu demand. Existing radiators do not have TRV's fitted.

Many thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Yes tee into the 22mm flow and the 22mm return and put a drain cock somewhere at the bottom of the drop.Try to tee in next to an existing rad to prevent any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back