Adding a shower light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D Hi, I have a shower in my bathroom but the light is in the center of the room. I just wish to add a new shower light fitting to the same switch. Can someone explain in very basic terms what is the easiest way to do this? Thanks very much for any assistance. Rgds, Deke.

Sponsored Links
It is actually very easy, but first i would need to know what the light is you wish to connect to.

TURN electrcity off at the mains first

I ask this because what i really want to know is how do you access the wires to your existing light, ie do you unscrew a glass globe or similar. Or after you have undone it do the wires come down too?

this may also help
http://www.diydata.com/planning/electric_lights/electric_lights.htm

your existing light would be as shown the brown & blue wires, you would need to connect a cable from the brown (use red) and the blue (use black)
and the earth (the copper one, which you must put on green/yellow sleaving on)

connect the other end of the cable to your new light

standard globe light so I would prefer to access the cable from the loft void. Thanks for the very quick response.

Sponsored Links
i know the type, most of them you can acess the connections after you unscrew the globe, but you will have to go inrto the loft to put the cable through for the new light

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back