Shower screen solution needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had my bathroom redone, but the shower creates a puddle each time I use it and I need to find a solution.

Let me try and explain. So basically the shower is an overhead rainfall shower which falls into a shower tray. This creates splashes which go beyond the wet room panel used for the side of the shower to create a walk-in shower and makes the rest of the bathroom wet.

To stop the floor from flooding each time I use the shower, the only thing that I could think of to do was to add an additional panel say about 10 cm wide at a right angle at the end of the existing panel. This would stop most of the water from splashing out into the rest of the bathroom.

The other idea I had was to put a curved plastic seal type thing down the side of the wet panel to achieve the same thing - but I have searched the internet and found nothing suitable.

Basically I need the wet room panel to be a slight L shape rather than just a single panel if that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Sorry if I have not explained the above very well.

Bren.

Sponsored Links
If you have a wet room the floor should be sloped so as to prevent puddles and should run off to the drain. So your problem would be due to faulty design/construction. Who installed the wet room?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back