Adding a single switched light into a 2 way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3, 2 way switched lights in my garage and want to add another light but to be 1 way switched. I have run a 2 core and earth cable from the new light into one of the switch boxes and have changed the single switch for a double 2 way switch and re-connected the main lights back as they were in the original single switch. My question is how do I wire in the 2 core and earth from my added light into the other one of the switches or do I need to run in 3 core and earth instead?

Sponsored Links
do you have a neutral at the switch?

if you do it will most probably be in a separate block.

Just got a yellow and blue wire, both sleaved red in the L1 and L2 terminals and a red wire in the common terminal.

Sponsored Links
then you don't have a neutral.. you need to get a supply to the light ( ie live and neutral ) then you can use the already run 2 core as the switch wire, or you need to get a neutral and live at the switch..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back