Adding a small consumer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response was based on BAS answer and as a follow up the reason why I put any kind of response at all was because it was the first time I had come here and ASSUMED as every one else ASSUMES that comes here that I was talking to knowlegable people who were in the trade BAS answer by your own standards was just as incomplete your go.

So "knowledegable people in the trade" do not realise that you can't fit 2 single acessories into a twin box. You're having alarf.., it was patently obvious that the op was a diyer.

There's some serious straw clutching going on ere.

Sponsored Links
sidmus, once you have got the government to shut this site down, will you be moving your crusade onto the screwfix forim?

I think unless you have the courtesy to answer the following question, no one on this forum should post any more replies on this thread.

You are an attention seeker, and it is becomming boring now.

All I want you to do is answer the very simple question I keep asking you

All you have to write is "yes" or "no"

Do you agree that the following statement is accurate:

"Some people will DIY their electrics regardless of wether they have the sufficient skill or level of competence or not"?

Oh, just thought of another scenario for you to consider.

I am not a qualified chef. By your logic, does that mean I should not prepare or cook any food myself incase I do it wrong and give myself or my family food poisioning, and all cookery shows on TV should be banned for encouraging me to cook?

That seems like a bit of a silly argument doesn't it?

and that mattylad is exactly why you are a DIYer isnt it mate

Come on then "mate" stop the cryptic rubbish, explain exactly what you mean?

Make your assumptions & explain why I'm a DIYr?
And whats wrong with DIY?
I can guarantee 100% that you have done DIY yourself MATE!

Looks like BAS is now in 2nd place as the most tenacious source of irritation...no offence Sidmus...quite entertaining on the whole :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
To be quite honest me old cockers I wouldnt really have a clue I was trained as a plumber and the best job and most entertaining thing in the world for a plumber is winding sparks up and this has been the laugh we have EVER had :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

at the end of the day mate I am not the only person that dissagrees with you there is a whole campaign against what this site and people like you are doing and there is some pretty big organisations with government backing that will stop you are you going to tell them the nonsense you are telling me

Who are these people and where is the campaign being fought. Bit silly having a secret campaign mate.

you all really ought to lightten up Thanks for the entertainment were off to the DIY chippie site now ....................................... :LOL: ps BAS you are avery wise and educated man cant knock your knowledge and that goes for some of the others as for the rest of you well lets not start again its far to painful to watch PEACE LOVE RESPSPECT ;)

Answer my question why wont anyone accept responsibility for there advice
You mean in the same way that authors and publishers accept responsibility for what people do with the advice in their books?

OH and THE LAW has is changing or havet you noticed
Would you please do what has been civilly requested several times, and provide proof of that?

and as I said I dont give advice so why should I publish anything on here
And as I and a number of others have said, what then is the point of you being here?

And as I and a number of others have said, what then is the point of you being here?

and if I am wrong why is the law changing
Is it? If it is, and you think the fact that it is bolsters your case then surely you would by now have provided evidence that it is.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that you've failed to do so because there is no such evidence because there are no such changes in the pipeline.

as I have said there did not used to be competent person schemes
Indeed not, but nobody is disputing their existence.

none of you have provided any decent arguments all you have done is made **** comments to justify yourselfs
Unlike you, of course, whose arguments are impeccably logical, well articulated and, most importantly, backed up by facts and evidence where you've been asked to provide those as justification for your assertions.

oh and there is a point in me being and sooner or later you will find out sooner or later think on
I can hardly contain my excitement.

I think it was in fact you lot who have decided to form a lynch mob
As hard as it may be for you to comprehend this, the fact remains that there has been no coordinated action by anybody here - everyone who has posted, asking you to justify your assertions and trying to get you to see that you are wrong, tedious and unwelcome has done so independently, because we all think you are wrong, tedious and unwelcome.

LIKE I have said all I asked was why you wont prove your qualification
Is it worth me asking why you won't prove that bad advice is being given here as a result of people not proving their qualifications?

I thought not...

and take responsibilty
Is it worth me asking you why you won't tell us if you think we should take responsibility in the same way that authors and publishers take responsibility for what readers of their books do with the advice in them?

I thought not...

and the reason it has become this is because none of you are hearing what is being said you are reading what you lik and trying very miserabally to avoid issues
Unlike you, of course, who has not tried to avoid any issues.

I've been away from this topic for several hours, so I suppose for some reason the mods must have selectively deleted your replies to the following questions:
  1. Where is the evidence that people are giving bad advice because they don't list or prove their qualifications?
  2. Where is the proof that the law is changing?
  3. Do you think that people giving advice here should accept responsibility for what readers do with it in the same way that authors and publishers accept responsibility for what their readers do with the advice that they publish?
  4. Do you agree with the following statement: "Some people will DIY their electrics regardless of whether they have the sufficient skill or level of competence or not"?
I say they must have deleted them, because surely you wouldn't be criticising people here for "trying very miserabally to avoid issues" if you were doing the same.

Would you?

it does prove you are losing when you stoop to stupid comments doesnt it
Priceless. Maybe you should emigrate to the USA - they have no sense of irony either.

or are you just going to try & shout people down & never answer a simple question?
Ooh - let's see.

What do we think, boys and girls, is he ever going to answer a simple question?

No - me neither.

and as I have said our gripe is about people informing people on a potentially dangerous job
"Our" gripe?

Is that "our" as in "myself and others who are real people", or "myself and the others whose voices I hear in my head"?

As for me not answering questions I think you will find that the most important questions being asked are the ones I am asking
What a fascinating insight that provides.

You won't answer our questions because they aren't as important as yours.

I had NO answers to any of them
You're in good company - we've had no answers to any of the questions we've asked you either.

have you but it is quite worrying that you have spent some time on this site and seem to think you are some kind of authority on a subject you have NO proven knowledge or experience in
Unlike you, of course, who's been registered here for 4 days which has provided you with more than enough time to have read through over 200,000 posts in over 25,000 topics in order to become an authority on whether the site is giving people bad advice.

No and niether do I think you [spark]or BAS was wrong
What - even though I've not told you what my qualifications are? :D

Like I said I am not doubting anyones competence
Oh that's a relief - glad we got that ironed out, and we can all get back to the business of giving people advice.

And you may leave, safe in the knowledge that we are all competent.

To be quite honest me old cockers I wouldnt really have a clue I was trained as a plumber and the best job and most entertaining thing in the world for a plumber is winding sparks up and this has been the laugh we have EVER had :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
So is it normal for plumbers to be inadequate liars with no feelings of self-worth, or are you an embarrassment to them?

Now now GaryMo just playing I thought you well knowledgable and competent to life is far to short for such a serious attitude smile :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back