adding a T to a 90degree bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to t off 22mm CH pipes (flow and return) to connect a rad but the only place that is accessable in on the 90degree bends. Is there a fitting available that would achieve this?

I know cutting the pipe would be very awkward but i need to cut the pipe anyway because the current connection to the radiator tee's up above floor level just after the bend and was previous hidden behind a false wall that the old WC was attached to. I don't want to box it in. Sorry but i can't show a pic.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you mean, but if your asking if you can 'add' something on to an existing elbow to make it a tee, then no.. you can replace the elbow for a tee though?

the only place i can cut the pipe and add my T, would be on the bend itself. i can't get in enough either side of the bend to cut on a straight bit of pipe. Thanks

Ahh right sorry you mean a pulled bend rather than a fitting. Can you not chop it either side of the bend and pipe it back up with 2 coupling's and a tee? I don't know of any fitting that will fit on a bend due to the shape size of pipe, it's kind of strecthed when it's bent.

HTH Sam

Sponsored Links
ah of course, i forgot the pipe narrows - i'll just have to cut on the very small section of straight pipe that i can get to - thanks SAM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back