adding a thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My uncle has a heating system with a timer on it only, this is fine buy he finds they have to keep switching it on & off as it gets too hot. I don't know what boiler it is but i was thinking that it would be easy to add an electronic thermostat? I assume all the timer does is make a contact(relay) when the timer is on? I've looked at our thermostat and was thinking all it needs is this in parallel? ie, time switch sayd on but thermostat says no then no circuit, good or bad idea? Or maybe the boiler has provision for a thermostat and this will have a wire link in it at present??Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends what the timer times. So not quite as simple as it looks perhaps. You need to find out more about what the system comprises.

I'll take a look tomorrow, wouldn't the timer simply fire the boiler or not :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Boiler had provision for one-removed existing wire loop and job done :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back