adding another toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would appreciate any help on the subject of my adding another toilet in my bungalow, i would like to add another roughly one and a half meters from one i have in another room this will mean digging the concrete floor up so i go under the hallway and into the new bathroom the soil pipe is plastic with the usual 45 bend which has a collar and the stack on it this also goes up into the roof with the vent thingy on top of it, is there a soil pipe fitting which will allow me to carry the soil pipe onwards to the bathroom which will allow this stack to stay in the same place i know very little about fittings but i would have thought a T fitting would not be sending the waste off and on its way with out a slope in the right direction i also need to make a small bend when to site the new stack in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
You need to look at the building regulations covering soil stacks before you do anything; you may have problems achieving the minimum fall on the pipe & the distance from the pan outlet to the bend. The work you are doing also comes under BC who will want to inspect & witness a leak test. If the existing loo is only 1 ½ metres away, you may be better off teeing into the existing stack above ground level but the pipe work will be visible & need boxing; have you considered re-arranging the layout of the new loo to get closer to the stack!

I had a similar situation with a new shower room but it was further away. In the end I put in a whole new stack & drain as trying to get into the existing run was causing too many problems, least of all having to dig a huge trench in the floor & breaching the damp proof membrane! The other thing you could consider is a macerator but I rejected this in the end as the general consensus is they are liability, particularly if you have young children who tend to put odd things down the toilet!

thanks richard the only option is under the floor as the layout of the house means i can,t use the stack i have above ground, to get to the nearest drain outside would also mean a trench of 35 feet and taking up the patio i don,t like the idea of taking the floor up and breaking the damp membrane but i will have to and if there is such a fitting to enable me to join on to the existing soil pipe i think i should have enough of a slope to take the waste away even if it means having the new toilet on a plinth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back