Rodding access for soil pipe in eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new bathroom which will have a 5.5m run of soil pipe from the toilet to the stack. I am planning to turn the pipe 45 degrees immediately after the toilet, then a first run of 1m, followed by another 45 degrees, then the remaining 4.5m to the stack. This will all be with approximately a 1 in 40 fall.

I am wondering if I should be installing an access point so that the long run can be rodded, and if so where should it go.

Would I be correct in assuming that the first 45 degree turn and first meter or two of pipe could be cleared from rodding through the toilet, but that the full 5.5m to the stack would not be possible through the toilet?

If I am to add an access point further down, where would you recommend? I was thinking of just after the second 45 degree turn, so that the full 4.5m straight run to the stack can be cleared with a larger rod.

Rough diagram below with soil pipe run represented by slashes and underscores:

Toilet
...|
....\
.....\ 1.0m
......\ ....................4.5m
.......\ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Stack
..........^.................
........Access here??

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back