Adding high level socket Spur for TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I want to add a mid wall socket for a wall mounted TV, the wall is dot and dab

At the bottom of the wall I have a TV aerial socket, then a double socket and finally a box thats pre-wired for virgin media - which i don't use/not connected

I want to spur off the double socket, but there is full length plasterboard adhesive above the socket so channeling will cause a lot of mess

I was considering removing the virgin media cables leaving the metal back box, running a cable into there from the double socket, adding a double pole switch (20amp?) and then going up the wall to a un-switched double socket for the TV?

This would give easy isolation if i need to hard reset the TV/Q box, keep cables in safe zone and also make the drop down from the socket easier as the area is totally clear of adhesive.

Does this sound ok from a regs/safety point of view?

Sponsored Links
Great, it seemed to make sense to me, but wanted to check my opinion

So what about the aerial and satellite cables. Will you extend them as well?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back