Adding inhibitor - system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I appear to have a pressurised system boiler heating system - a boiler in a downstairs cupboard, a pressurised storage tank in the loft, and then what appears to be an expansion vessel and some sort of sanitary filter (a white Zilmet canister marked as a 110 Ultra-UV-HT-Pro). There is no open plastic F&E tank.

There is a direct feed into the expansion vessel. Can I use this to inject inhibitor direct into the central heating system, eliminating the need to drain down? I was looking at using Fernox F1 Express.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - super helpful! Glad I asked first. Guessing I can do this through a towel rail too? What would have happened if I'd put it into the expansion vessel?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - super helpful! Glad I asked first. Guessing I can do this through a towel rail too? What would have happened if I'd put it into the expansion vessel?
Not a lot , but you never want to risk putting anything into the Potable water side ( the water that comes out of your taps ) if you add anything on the connection to an expansion vessel, it doesnt circulate as it is a dead end street so to speak, so will never get into the system, the stuff that you are using can go in via a radiator or your filling loop, personally I dont use it , but I know many that do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back