Slow water flow in pressurised heating system since water meter install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just had a water meter installed and now the water flow in the house is very slow, seems to be affecting both cold and hot.

The heating system is pressurised and i have the Zilmet Ultra-pro vessel. I'm wondering if there was some pre-cautionary measure that i should've taken prior to the install of the water meter as it was a closed pressurised system.

I've checked the vessel and i'm not getting any 'hiss' out of the schrader valve. Is it just a case that i need to recharge the vessel?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the pressure vessel that's for the radiators and heat exchanger.
Prob some muck or sand introduced into the system and it wasn't flushed properly. I did that when replacing the water supply pipe from lead to plastic, made a change after flushing and forgot to re flush, it was a nightmare to clean out. You might want to return to your water company and ask them to resolve.

Thanks John. Will call the local water company back, we've just into this property and i'm not too familiar with the pressurised system setup so was trying to understand that also.

Maybe daft question but should the pressure gauge close to the vessel and gauge on the boiler be the same? Boiler is showing high at 2.5 bar, i need to relieve some pressure there?

I did put a gauge directly on the schrader valve of the vessel and measured around 1.5 bar but not sure if that is false as i didn't close any valves.

Thanks

2.5 on the boiler guage is ok if the radiators are on and up to temperature. Should be 1 to 1.5 when cold depend on the system setup
The pressure in the vessel should mirror the main system in normal usage, unless the system pressure drops below the charge pressure, in which case you will see the charge pressure instead.
Any vessel not near the boiler and not coloured red will be for an unvented dhw system and would be around 2.5 bar. That's also fine.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes its as simple as they havent fully opened the stop tap back up after installing check this first if not done already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back