Adding new circuit to a full consumer unit?

Sponsored Links
Make sure that the electrician is aware that hot tubs are classed as swimming pools, and section 702 of BS7671 applies.

Is that about a rotary isolator within 2.0mtrs? I’ll tell him, make sure he’s aware of it, thanks.

No, more to do with earthing type, where items of equipment can be installed, distances from the tub, allowed IP ratings, supplementary bonding and various other things.
9 pages in BS7671.

Sponsored Links
Does look fairly tidy, which makes the non labelling up a bit perculiar. Perhaps the chap run out of a Cassette for his labeller and forgot to come back...

He’s due back soon to finish my room that was a garage. I’ve seen a list of what’s what, I can’t see it now so maybe he has it and is waiting till he’s finished? Who knows but i’m very happy with all he’s done apart from my shower fan which doesn’t run on after it’s turned off.

No, more to do with earthing type, where items of equipment can be installed, distances from the tub, allowed IP ratings, supplementary bonding and various other things.
9 pages in BS7671.

I can’t imagine he does many hot tub jobs but I will have that chat with him (y)

He’s due back soon to finish my room that was a garage. I’ve seen a list of what’s what, I can’t see it now so maybe he has it and is waiting till he’s finished? Who knows but i’m very happy with all he’s done apart from my shower fan which doesn’t run on after it’s turned off.
What fan is it?

It’s a Manrose MFT100 operated off a pull switch in the bathroom. I think there is a wire between the live and switched live rather than a separate.
It's probably not wired to use the run-on timer function, and that may have arisen as a matter iof 'convenience', since to use the timer function requires 3-core cable. You need to talk to the electrician about how he's actually wired it.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back