adding pir's to alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a pir in the laundry and want to add 3 sensors to the garage and corridor. Can i simply wire off the pir in the laundry - im guessing they will all be one zone? The pir's in question are texecom premier.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean prestige ? Or your alarm panel is a premier ? You could fit a zone expander if you have a premier.

Depends on how your system is wired and what power you have left in it.

So what alarm system (panel) do you have?

If using TEOL then one device per zone
EOL then max 3 devices per zone
No resistors 10 devices per zone subject to power

wire power parallel and alarms and tampers in series.

EOL is a little more complicated in the wiring but there are many diagrams available that explain it very well.

Sponsored Links
V8 has 8 possible zones and no resistors, so max 10 devices on a zone.

best to keep on separate zones if possible.

so whats the best course then - a zone expander or just wire off the laundry - and will the wiring daisy chain from laundry to 1st sensor, to second to third?

Run a new cable if you have room on your panel for the extra detectors, or change panel for one with a remote expander, this is the correct way to do it.

Run a new cable if you have room on your panel for the extra detectors, or change panel for one with a remote expander, this is the correct way to do it.

i cant run another cable to the box as the house design means it isnt possible. can you advise on what remote expander to use. thanks

unfortunately the Veritas range does not use remote expanders and is limited to 8 zones only.

You could could add a ricochet expansion pack or similar and extend wirelessly but that requires wiring in the unit to the panel and learning ion a wireless device and placing it in situ.

Get a premier 24 kit ! Comes with control panel comm2400 keypad 3 pirs and a pack of fobs then get a xp8 expander.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back