Adding Ricochet to a Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy folks - i'm thinking about adding some wireless shock sensors to my bifold doors.
Given that my elite 24 is currently a wired system, am i right in saying that i need to buy a wireless expander - GCD-0001.

I've been looking at the instructions and its not clear how the expander links to the elite 24.
I dont have any zones available on my board - i was going to get a zone expander to hard wire new bits - but i think i'm going to go the wireless route.

any help would be great!

Sponsored Links
i'll need to check whats wired into my network 1 and 2 terminals on the board.
my box is a spaghetti mess! the installer (though registered and trained texecom installer) doesn't have the same level of OCD as i do!!

Elite 24 can have upto 24 devices. This can be combination of hard wire expanders or wireless expanders.
These are wired onto the data bus in the control panel.
You will need engineer code to add any devices.

Last edited:
Elite 24 can have upto 24 devices. This can be combination of hard wire expander or wireless expanders.
These are wired onto the data bus 8n the control panel.
You will need engineer code to add any devices.
Cool. I have the master/engineer code. Although the installer reluctantly gave it to me.

I just checked my panel and the only thing wired into the network terminals is the RKP.
I presume its a matter of just wiring the expander into the same terminals and then assigning it.

Sponsored Links
So you’re not redoing the hard wired sensor on the front door that’s wired?

As you were a zone short to separate them, if I have the right person.

You have to be aware that if you add an internal expander then you would be limited to one more expander where that’s an hardwired 8XP or a a wireless 8XP-W

If you had the internal expander added the wireless expander would have to be address 2

So you’re not redoing the hard wired sensor on the front door that’s wired?

As you were a zone short to separate them, if I have the right person.

You have to be aware that if you add an internal expander then you would be limited to one more expander where that’s an hardwired 8XP or a a wireless 8XP-W
Same person!

I think the way I’m going is to add the wireless expander, which I’ll use to add some micro shocks on my bifolds and French doors. Which means I’ll free up two hardwired zones on my panel. 1 for the hardwired mag sensor.

Is there any harm in adding a 32xp-w to an elite prem 24?
I can get the 32 cheaper than the 8…..

If you can get it cheaper where you buying it from and is it the latest version. (Ebay is full of of people selling old kit as new) saw someone claim a part was new and it was 23 years old.should at least be a version 3.x.x

If they show the box it comes in it has a date code year week. So anything new and under a full warranty would be 232x

You can add a 32xp-w to a 24 but you will only get 16 wireless zones max o the 24.

Use the deep back boxes if using the micro shocks.

You need a signal strength in its 40s or above ideally.

Without seeing the doors, you need to make sure the device is not restricted, in when you open the bifolds it’s best if the sensor is not in between the bifold but between the bifold and the room.

If you can get it cheaper where you buying it from and is it the latest version. (Ebay is full of of people selling old kit as new) saw someone claim a part was new and it was 23 years old.should at least be a version 3.x.x

If they show the box it comes in it has a date code year week. So anything new and under a full warranty would be 232x

You can add a 32xp-w to a 24 but you will only get 16 wireless zones max o the 24.

Use the deep back boxes if using the micro shocks.

You need a signal strength in its 40s or above ideally.

Without seeing the doors, you need to make sure the device is not restricted, in when you open the bifolds it’s best if the sensor is not in between the bifold but between the bifold and the room.
Here is a pic of the bifolds.
Top right there is already an impaq S but that’s sitting on the frame. Even though I’ve increased the sensitivity, it’s not picking up the shock when I bang on the glass.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 48
Not surprised. you would need the shock sensor being ultra sensitive to pick up any vibration as its probably at the most rigid part of the structure.

if they were poorly fixed (seen some that wobbly significantly when you touch them) you would easily be able to trigger the device.

the vibration travels best along the weakiest part usually the middle ish of the bifolds.

ended up buying a 8xp-w.

So, to install it, i wire it add it up to the network ports on my panel.
What do i need to do in wintex/smartcom to tell my prem 24 about the new module?

Thats only bit of info i'm missing....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back