Adding shower to rain shower,...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

I have the attached rain shower

And have bought a divertor and female thread . See pics

Will I now be able to get a plumber to connect it up so that I can have a shower AND rain shower ?

I also want to fit a riser \bracket thing to the rain shower 1/2 inch pipe too if possible and was looking at this item thoughts welcome

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223081380461

Attachments

• C53ABA33-ABA2-40A7-90B3-B373A698609C.jpeg
    C53ABA33-ABA2-40A7-90B3-B373A698609C.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 03F654A5-F4D1-4FB5-B4B3-797F2896F0B7.png
    03F654A5-F4D1-4FB5-B4B3-797F2896F0B7.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 49807707-CFD1-416C-B803-A25A910A9162.png
    49807707-CFD1-416C-B803-A25A910A9162.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
1. How is the existing pipe to the rain head fastened to the shower body?
2. If its a compression fitting, then your chrome plated connector won't work, unless the pipe itself is exactly 15mm in diameter and you cut any thread off the end.
3. You are going to have to either cut the chrome pipe to the rain head, or move the rain head up on the wall, to accommodate your diverter valve and its connector to the body of the shower valve.
4. When using compression joints on chromium plated tubing you are strongly advised to strip the chrome plating off the place where the olive sits. Chrome is hard, and slightly "slippery", so the olive may not grab properly.

I'd say your staring point would be a very precise measurement of the diameter of that chrome pipe.

think I need to engage a plumber lol as didn’t get much of that but thank you for advice

1. Is this the nut at the bottom?

Sponsored Links
I am a plumber. I wouldn't be prepared to undertake what you want without a sight of the existing installation and the chance to take detailed measurements.
Might then be a case of carry on and do the job, but there is a chance it would be "can't do it with what you have".

The nut at the bottom of the vertical chromed pipe to the rain shower head, where it attaches to the body of the shower valve, could be a compression fitting, or it could be compressing a fibre washer between flanges on the pipe and the shower valve.
If the vertical pipe is just a piece of ordinary chromed 15 mm pipe, it is likely to be a compression fitting. Otherwise it will be a proprietary size, and could be any sort of connection.

As a way forward I suggest you ask colleagues / neighbours for the name of a reliable local plumber, and get he or she to look at it and give you a definitive opinion and if appropriate, do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back